GCB 2014 DOUBLE WICKET FESTIVAL
- Name: GCB 2014 DOUBLE WICKET FESTIVAL
- Dates: Saturday, May 3rd & Sunday, May 4th,2014
- Venue: To be determined
- Teams: 16 Male Teams & 8 female pairs will also contest in the tournament.
- Prize Money:
- Females -$100,000-Winners prize, Runners up -$50,000
- Males- Winners -$500,000; Runners up -$200,000
- Incentive Prizes for sixes will be given out for the top 5 male six hitters and the top 3 female six hitters incentive Prizes will be given for the most catches, best 5 fielders, and run outs on a formula to be determined Entrance fee for each Male team will be $40,000 with the female team being $10, 000 each
GCB will provide the fielders, umpires, meals each day, refreshments, scorers, announcers, promotion and marketing of event and other officials No fielding restrictions will be in place but other standard cricket rules will apply Matches will start at 10am on Day 1 and 11am on Day 2. The Presentation Ceremony will be immediately after the finals.
Day 1 will be free entry but GCB will charge $1000 each on Day 2, females and kids would be free. Free parking & Tarmac party Sunday night.
Day 1 (96 overs X 4 mins= 392 mins) with a 5 min turnaround time between 12 matches= 60 mins= 452 mins or 7 1/2 hrs approx
- 8 Preliminary Male Matches to be 4 overs a side on a knockout basis= 64 overs
- 4 Preliminary Female matches to be 4 overs a side= 32 overs
- Each player on each side bowls 2 overs each
- All 4overs would be bowled from one end of the wicket to save time and ends would be rotated ever so often.
- After every 2 male matches, there will be a female match.
- Each team to acquire their own sponsor who will pay their entrance fees and manage the team
Day 2 (84 overs X 4 mins = 336 mins) plus 5 mins changeover time between 10 matches = 50 mins. Total = 386 mins or or 6 1/2 hrs approx
- 4 Men Quarter finals will be 4overs each= 32 overs
- 2 Men Semi finals will be 4 overs each= 16 overs
- 1 Men Final to be 6 overs each= 12overs
- 2 Female semis will be 4 overs each= 16 overs, female semis will be played before and between the Men Semis.
- 1 Female final will be 4 overs each= 8 overs will be played before the men’s final
Prepared by: Raj Singh-Marketing Manager-GCB
Dated: April 10th 2014