The selection panel of the West Indies Cricket Broad (WICB) has picked a 20-member squad for a camp scheduled for Friday, December 9 to Tuesday, December 20 in Grenada. The squad for this Under-19 delegation has representatives from all six regions.
Project Officer, Rawl Lewis says “this initial camp is to prepare a team for the Regional Super50 as was done the last two years and we will also have a pre-tournament camp for the final team, January 17 – 21.”
Lewis added that “a comprehensive programme has been developed for the 2018 World Cup preparation which started with the regional under 17 and 19 tournaments over the summer. The 23-month programme will include a mini-series with New Zealand (three-match series) in January 2018, just before the World Cup.”
The World Cup is scheduled for New Zealand, January 12 – February 4, 2018.
Dwain Gill, Anthony Gray, Graeme West, Khevyn Williams and Zephyrinus Nicholas are members of the management team who will be in charge of operations during the ten days. The team will be supported by WICB staff Lewis and Senior Player Relations Officer, Ayana Cooper.
The primary focus of the camp is physical assessment and preparation, but will include life skill sessions and mental preparation.
The full squad reads:
- Keagan Simmonds (from TT)
- Kirstan Kallicharan (from TT)
- Cephas Cooper (from TT)
- Navin Bidaisee (from TT)
- Matthew Patrick (from TT)
- Te-Shawn Alleyne (from TT)
- Johann Jeremiah (from Grenada)
- Emmanuel Stewart (from Grenada)
- Johnnel Eugene (from St Lucia)
- Daneal Dupigny (from Dominica)
- Alick Athanaze (from Dominica)
- Jerellius Louis (from St Kitts)
- Javier Spence (from Antigua)
- Kian Pemberton (from Nevis)
- Nyeem Young (from Barbados)
- Joshua Bishop (from )Barbados
- Shian Brathwaite (from Barbados)
- Joshua Persaud (from Guyana)
- Bhaskar Yadram (from Guyana)
- Jeavor Royal (from Jamaica)\
(Taken from windiescricket.com)